- Business value is clearly articulated.
- Details are sufficiently understood by the development team so it can make an informed decision as to whether it can complete the PBI.
- Dependencies are identified and no external dependencies would block the PBI from being completed.
- The team is staffed appropriately to complete the PBI.
- The PBI is estimated and small enough to comfortably be completed in one sprint.
- Acceptance criteria are clear and testable.
- Performance criteria, if any, are defined and testable.
- The Scrum team understands how to demonstrate the PBI at the sprint review.
What is a Scrum Master?
A scrum master is the scrum team member tasked with fostering an effective and productive working environment and guiding others to understand scrum values, principles and practices. Scrum masters tend to be people-oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, and find joy in helping team members to grow.