- “The Definition of Done (DoD) is a formal description of the state of the Increment when it meets the quality measures required for the Product”. – The Scrum Guide 2020
- The moment a PBI meets the DoD, an Increment is born.
- The DoD is mandatory and it increases transparency.
- If DoD is part of organizational standards, the Scrum Team must follow it as a minimum.
- If DoD is not part of organizational standards, the Scrum Team must create one that is appropriate for the Product.
- PBI’s that do not meet the DoD cannot be released or presented at the Sprint Review.
- If multiple Scrum Teams are working on the same Product, they must mutually define and comply with the same DoD for the integrated increment.
- The DoD is not the same as Acceptance Criteria. DoD applies to all PBIs whereas Acceptance Criteria are written for each PBI.
What is a Scrum Master?
A scrum master is the scrum team member tasked with fostering an effective and productive working environment and guiding others to understand scrum values, principles and practices. Scrum masters tend to be people-oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, and find joy in helping team members to grow.
Master2Teach YouTube Channel
In this YouTube Channel, you can find different kind of useful tutorials related to information technologies.