- The Product Goal describes a future state of the Product. It is the long term objective for the Scrum Team.
- The Scrum Team must fulfill or abandon one Product Goal before taking on another.
- Therefore a Scrum Team can only have 1 Product Goal at a time.
- The PO is responsible for creating and communicating the Product Goal.
- The Scrum Master helps the PO find techniques for effective Product Goal definition.
- The increment is a stepping stone toward the Product Goal.
- The Product goal is a stepping stone toward the broader Product Vision.
- The Product Goal should be measurable. The team should know when it’s achieved.
- The Product Goal can be changed, but it is unlikely to happen during a Sprint.
- Progress toward the Product Goal is discussed with stakeholders during Sprint Review.
What is a Scrum Master?
A scrum master is the scrum team member tasked with fostering an effective and productive working environment and guiding others to understand scrum values, principles and practices. Scrum masters tend to be people-oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, and find joy in helping team members to grow.