Use Case Diagram - Step by Step Checklist with Example
- Check if there are any non-functional requirements in Use Cases.
- Check the use case names properly whether it's an active verb and a noun phrase or not.
- Check whether all the use cases are inside the system box or not.
- Check whether the use cases are in logical order or not.
- Check if there is any overlap and can be fixed by repositioning the use cases or actors.
- Check whether the use case diagram contains at least one included relationship or not.
- Check whether there is a line between the actors and the Included Use Cases.
- Check Whether the include relationship arrow is pointed to Included Use Case or not and if the arrow is labeled with include or not.
- Check whether the use case diagram contains at least one extended relationship or not.
- Check whether there is a line between the actors and the Extended Use Cases.
- Check whether extend relationship arrow is pointed to Base Use Case or not and is arrow labeled with extend or not.
- Check whether more than one base use case extends or includes the same extended or included use case carefully.
- Check whether the use case diagram contains any generalizations or not.
- Check whether the arrow is a solid line with an arrow pointing towards parents actor or parents use case or not. Also, confirm that it doesn't exist label in the arrow.
- If possible, show at least one extension point in the use case diagram.
- Make sure to represent all actors with a human stick image even for the machine, and external devices, and also contains at least more than one actor in the use case diagram.
- Check whether primary actors are shown on the left side or not. Similarly, secondary actors are on the right side or not.
- Check if is there any automatic job doing use cases in the system.
- Make sure there is only one rectangle box representing a system where all the use cases are included inside the box and actors are outside of the box.
- Check whether you have written the system name inside the box at the top or not.
Master2Teach YouTube Channel
In this YouTube Channel, you can find different kind of useful tutorials related to information technologies.