- The Sprint Goal is a Single Objective for the Sprint.
- The Developers make a commitment to delivering the Sprint Goal.
- While the Sprint Goal is a commitment by the Developers, it provides flexibility on the exact work needed to achieve the goal.
- The Sprint Goal is set by the Scrum Team during Sprint Planning and then added to the Sprint Backlog.
- The PO and the Developers may negotiate the scope of the Sprint without affecting the Sprint Goal
- The PO can cancel a Sprint if he/she decides the Sprint Goal is no longer valid. Only the PO is allowed to cancel the Sprint
What is a Scrum Master?
A scrum master is the scrum team member tasked with fostering an effective and productive working environment and guiding others to understand scrum values, principles and practices. Scrum masters tend to be people-oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, and find joy in helping team members to grow.