- “Sprints are the heartbeat of Scrum, where ideas are turned into value.” – Scrum Guide
- The purpose of Sprint is to create usable increments. A Sprint is like a small project.
- A new Sprint begins immediately after the previous one ends.
- A Sprint is one month or shorter in length.
- The Sprint is a container for all the other Events. All the work necessary to achieve the Product Goal, including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective, happens within Sprints.
- When the risk is higher, shorter Sprints are preferred, to generate more learning cycles.
- A Sprint can be canceled when the Sprint Goal becomes obsolete by the Product Owner.
- Sprint cancellation is bad for the team, and it requires regrouping of the team, and a new Sprint Planning event, as a result, resources are lost.
- During the Sprint quality goals do not decrease, but scope might be re-negotiated.
What is a Scrum Master?
A scrum master is the scrum team member tasked with fostering an effective and productive working environment and guiding others to understand scrum values, principles and practices. Scrum masters tend to be people-oriented, have a high level of emotional intelligence, and find joy in helping team members to grow.
Master2Teach YouTube Channel
In this YouTube Channel, you can find different kind of useful tutorials related to information technologies.